Racing is hard, but the dessert after is easy.
Today we had a track race in Mobile, Alabama, and did not get home until around 7 p.m. Now I had dinner and was feeling pretty good, but I was feeling a sweet tooth come on.
My sweet tooth wanted chocolate chip cookies and I had to oblige. This dessert can be a little expensive because it is made with almond flour and that can range from $5-$10. But hey, as all the kids are saying, “Treat yo self.”
There is always a healthier way for everything. So get out your mixer because we are making Gluten Free + Dairy Free Chocolate Chip Cookies.
Gluten Free + Dairy Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
Prep time: 15 Min – Cook time: 8 Min – Makes 15 cookies
1. Semi-Sweet dairy, nut and soy-free chocolate chips
– $4.88 @ Walmart — use the whole bag
2. 3/4 cup of Coconut milk or Almond (whichever you prefer)
– $1.98 @ Walmart
3. 2 tsp of vanilla or if you are on the cheap college life (imitation vanilla)
– $1.62 @ Walmart
4. 2 cups of Almond Flour (I got mine for Christmas, so you can use any brand)
– different types of brands everywhere > $4.98 @ Walmart for Hodgson Mill Almond Flour
5. 2X Eggs
6. 1 tbsp baking powder
1. Heat oven to 375′ F
2. Mix 2 cups flour and 2 eggs in large mixing bowl
3. Add 3/4 cup of coconut milk to mix
4. Add 2 tsp of vanilla and 1 tbsp baking powder
5. Mix until all is well mixed then set in freezer for 15 min to allow time for mixture to solidify
*The mixture will feel different than normal cookie dough at first, but allow time in fridge and it should be almost exactly like normal cookie dough.*
6. Align on cookie sheet and bake for 8 minutes.
7. Eat and enjoy life
This week we were required to add an audio file so here ya go > https://soundcloud.com/user-722496193/untitled-3417-1133-pm
So this recipe took me a hot minute to make up and figure out. Once I got down that the dough needed to sit in the freezer to harden it was smooth sailing from there. These cookies were a great pick-me-up for after my race. Yes, it is a little more expensive to make these home-made, but it makes a ton of cookies and I have leftover ingredients. It was also fun and easy to make.
I have been wanting some sweet food all week and have been holding off till after my race. Sometimes you just need to listen to your body. There is always a reason for everything.
Seriously, chow down on some of these cookies. They were definitely guilt free.
Love your body and love yourself.