Feeling a sweet tooth? Take a bite out of this.
Happy Sunday! Alabama’s weather is finally feeling like spring. To say goodbye to the winter I made blueberry muffins this morning. It only took five minutes to whip together.
It is always nice to have something sweet every once in a while. Baking is not my forte, but I have been getting the hang of it lately.
This recipe, in particular, I have tried at least four other times before and today I finally got it PERFECT.
I hope you enjoy these as much as I did or as much as my boyfriend did. Thankful for a man who is never afraid to try my healthy foods.
PREP TIME: 5 MIN | BAKE TIME: 40 MIN | TOTAL: 45
- 2 RIPE Bananas
- 1 Cup of Blueberries
- Frozen is cheaper/Frozen when store does not have them in stock
- $2.98 @ Walmart for frozen blueberries
- 3 Eggs
- 2 TSP of Vanilla
- 1 TBSP of Coconut Oil
- 2 TSP of Baking Powder
- 1 Cup of Almond Flower
- $4.98 @ Walmart for Hodgson Mill Almond Flour
- Mix all ingredients together
- Coat muffin tin in oil
- Pour mix into muffin tins until right above the top
- ADD 3-4 blueberries on top of mix
- Bake @350’F for 40 Min OR until brown
- OPTIONAL: sprinkle confection sugar on top after cooked
I love muffins. I really do. Whenever I went gluten-free I was so scared I had to give up so many yummy breakfast foods. The world now-a-days teaches us that being healthy is just eating salads and never having some fun with our food. I am here to tell you that is a lie. Make some bagels, make some muffins or have some waffles. There are so many ways to make these things grain-free. Almond flour or coconut flour are some great grain-free flour replacements. Do not cheat yourself out of having some good breakfast food!
I love this recipe and I hope you try it! Happy Spring.