Work Hard, Eat Hard
Tuesday and Thursday are my favorite days. Why? Because I always have a hard, fulfilling track workout in the early morning and weight lifting at night. Honestly, it gives me a reason to eat more and I love it.
Every Tuesday and Thursday I make this pasta meal. It is a ritual for me. I need the filling food, but I do not need all the bad factors that come with eating pasta.
Also, fun fact I DISCOVERED DAIRY-FREE VEGAN BUTTER last night! I knew Ghee existed, but I did not know about Earth Balance’s Vegan Butter made with olive oil. I started tearing up in Publix a little when I found it for two reasons.
A: Because it was only $3 and my college food budget was very happy AND B: I can not tell you the last time I cooked with butter and I miss using it OH SO MUCH.
So put on your baking hats and let’s get started.
PREP TIME: 5 MIN | COOK TIME: 15 MIN | TOTAL: 20 MIN | SAUCE YIELDS 3 SERVINGS
- Gluten-Free Ronzoni Pasta
- $.75-$1.29 @ Walmart (always differs)
- 1 TBS Minced Garlic
- 2 Stocks of Chopped Green Onion (optional)
- 1/3 CUP Chopped Mushrooms
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Onions
- 1 Cup of Spinach (add as much as you want)
- 1 LB Ground Turkey
- $1.96 @ Walmart
- 15 OZ of Tomato Sauce
- MAKE SURE YOU CHECK INGREDIENTS & GET THE NO-SUGAR-ADDED
- Yes, they put sugar in tomato sauce. Check your ingredients.
- 1 1/2 TBS of Earth Balance’s Soy Free Vegan Butter
- $3.68 for 15 OZ Tub @ Walmart
- Chop/Dice/Mince garlic, green onion, onion and mushrooms
- In a separate pot boil water
- boil pasta
- Melt 1 1/2 TBS of butter in pan
- Sauteé ingredients
- Add meat & brown
- Add spinach
- Add Pasta Sauce
- Mix until sauce, meat and veggies are all nicely together
- Throw on plate and eat
Sauteeing these in the butter made me so happy. I felt like a whole new flavor was in my mouth again. Highly recommend using this!
The sauce will have enough leftovers for another night! Or you can share with a friend, stranger or significant other!
Honestly, this is a quick and filling meal. I never get sick of this meal. Also, IT IS CHEAP. I get at least 5-6 meals out of my pasta box. You will have leftovers too! It is also a nice meal if you are craving pasta, but can’t eat gluten or don’t want all the fat, calories and bloatedness that comes with Italian food. It has all the taste, consistency and love of a pasta dinner.
Not many thoughts this week. Just wanted to share an easy, cheap and filling recipe with y’all. Plus IT IS DELICIOUS!
Always love yourself