New summer, new recipe.
Wow, it has been a good minute since I have blogged.
Finals and the start of summer + my internship has made a teeny-bit hectic but hey, all good now!
I thought of this recipe the other day and have finally taken the time to blog it out.
Also, what is up with Birmingham and people not knowing how to drive when it rains? Cooking is my de-stressing therapy, thank you to those who do not know how to drive.
PREP TIME: 15 MIN | COOK TIME: 45 MIN | TOTAL: 1 HOUR
- Spaghetti Squash
- $1.48 @Walmart
- 1/2 Cup of Onion
- 1/2 TBS of Minced Garlic
- 1 Cup of Ground Turkey
- 14.5 Oz of Roasted Tomatoes
- Can be a cup or more your decision
- $0.98 @Walmart
- 1/2 Cup of Tomato Sauce
- $0 an.45 @Walmart
- Pre-heat oven to 375′ F
- Poke holes with fork all over spaghetti squash and microwave for 5 Min
- Cut in half and put on a 13×9 Baking sheet
- Drizzle olive oil & garlic salt over the squash
- Bake for 40 Min
- While squash is cooking simmer cans of tomato sauce & fire roasted tomatoes
- Dice onions + garlic and cook in pan till onions are clear
- Cook ground turkey & mix with onion/garlic
- When squash is cooked – scrape out the seeds FIRST (throw away) then the rest of the inside with a fork into a medium sized bowl
- I only used half and put the other half away for another day this week
- In a bowl mix together all ingredients
- Serve! Garnish with dairy-free cheese and green onions
Dang, this meal was much needed. This meal took a hot second but I loved it; okay, I may just be biased and do not mind taking a hot second to cook.
I love cooking. Listen, spaghetti squash is on the come up and people are really starting to dig it! They are cheap, full of potassium and Vitamin A. You can pair it with anything. Trust me, go out there and buy one.
Take time and breath too, life can get full of struggles and adversity but you can get through it. A happy mind is a healthy body.