Summer is wild and finally have had some down time to get around to this blog. Did you know yellow squash is also known as summer squash. That is my life now…so domestic…such a foodie. It paired really nicely with the tuna steak. This is also a quick meal and should be under or around $10 depending on where you buy your fresh fish. The fresher the fish the better.
PREP TIME: 7 MIN|COOK TIME: 4 MIN| TOTAL TIME: 11 MIN
- 1 fresh tuna steak
- 1 tbsp sesame seed oil
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp Coconut Aminos Soy-Free Seasoning Sauce
- 2 tsp ginger powder
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Yellow Squash: $1.28 @publix
DIRECTIONS: remember to pat dry tuna steak
- Prep sauce in small cup/bowl: mix soy sauce, sesame seed oil, ginger and garlic
- Take cooking brush and dip in sauce – then brush over steak
- Heat *high* for a large pan + add oil
- When the pan is hot, add tuna steak.
- Slowly add extra sauce and cook on one side for 2 min
- Flip and cook for another 2 min – make sure all sauce is now in pan
- Remove tuna steak and pair with yellow squash – I cooked squash after and used the leftover sauce in pan to cook with
- Garnish Sesame seeds on top
I seriously love fish… especially tuna steaks.
Easy, fancy and cheap. College is expensive but that does not mean you do not cannot be a fancy college student without breaking the bank. Not gonna lie, I did google how long to properly cook a tuna steak. Sorry not sorry. I find myself worrying too much about if a recipe will work out or not but I am slowly coming to terms that not everything turns out the way I want it or sometimes it takes a few tries. This recipe though, turned out great! I probably could have let it cook a few seconds less but we all have different stoves and I did not want it too pink. But anyways, stay fishy friends.