Yummy Bread = A good day
I have a huge amount of poppy seeds hanging around and realized I could make a gluten free + dairy free version of poppy seed bread. I had some trouble with the glaze, so instead of a glaze — I got a honey frosting creamy glaze topping. It will take a few times to perfect that part, I will probably change the recipe for that in the future.
The bread though… oh my goodness me. The bread turned out so perfect and I could not be happier.
So excited to share this yummy dessert, snack or side dish!
PREP TIME: 15 MIN|COOK TIME: 50 MIN|TOTAL TIME: 1 HR 5MIN
* Serves one loaf of bread
Poppy Seed Bread
- 3 Eggs
- 3/4 cup unsweetened vanilla ALMOND MILK
- 2 tbsp of lemon juice
- take a lemon and juice it!
- 2 cups of ALMOND FLOUR
- I recommend adding it in a flour sifter as you add
- I started using King Arthur Flour from Walmart for around $7-11 (I like it more)
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup of coconut sugar
- you can get it at Walmart for $5 or if you want to go the cheaper route you can buy unsweetened shredded coconut and grind it up very finely and it works the same!
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup Organic Blue Agave or PURE Maple Syrup (both natural sugar alternatives)
- 1 1/2 tbsp zest of lemon
- 2 tbsp poppy seeds
- 1 Cup of Coconut Creamer
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- Preheat oven to 350’F & oil bread pan
- Add all wet ingredients to mixing bowl
- Then add dry ingredients except for poppy seeds – stir those in with a spoon last
- Add batter mix to loaf pan for 50 Min until bread is done
- As the bread cooks prepare your glaze. Use small-medium sauce pan
- Add coconut creamer and let boil whisking frequently for around 15-20 minutes
- Add honey and lemon zest
- Add coconut sugar last and mix until thick and creamy
- Pour over bread and serve!
Yummy… that is the first word that came to mind with this bread! I could eat this whole loaf by myself. It was moist, sweet and just all around perfect.
I found that if I would have used full-fat coconut milk for the GLAZE (you can find it in the international isle) it would have come out creamier and more glaze like, but this worked just as good.
I loved this so much! I will use this recipe in the future again for sure. Hope you enjoy.